Do You Need Help?
Are You in a Battering Relationship?
You may be in a battering relationship if you:
- are frightened of your partner's temper
- are often compliant because you are afraid to hurt your partner's feelings or are afraid of your partner
- have the urge to "rescue" your partner when or because your partner is in trouble
- find yourself apologizing to yourself or to others for your partner's behavior when you are treated badly
- have been hit, kicked, shoved or had things thrown at you by your partner when he was jealous or angry
- make decisions about activities and friends according to what your partner wants or how your partner will react
- drink or use drugs (for some people) have been abused as a child
Information compiled by Southern California Coalition on Battered Women, Los Angeles, CA
If you need help, call (626) 355-4545.
For Spanish click here.